To make your time relatively easier at Heathrow, here’s a follow up of Quick Tips for Heathrow London Airport – Part I
13. Kids play areas equipped with slides, soft play areas and infant zones are located in T2 (2A Departures Lounge, near Gate 16); T4 (Departures Lounge on the way to Gates 1-6) and T5 (5A Departures Lounge, near Gate A7.
14. There is a special Family Lounge in T3 (near the Ted Baker store) with play areas for kids of ages 0-2 and 3-9, a quite room for children and a Game Zone for kids between 10-15 years of age. Nursing mothers can use the discreet area in the lounge.
15. Free showers are available in Terminal 3 and
16. Modern day shoe shining facilities by Shoeshine are available at Heathrow Terminal2 from 6 am to 7pm – Monday to Friday.
17. Voyager Entertainment has video games and fruit machines at T3 and T5 open at all hours.
18. Amazing Spa treatment is available at Be Relax Spa & Lounge at T5.
19. Harrods’ airport stores offer everything from the famous Harrods bear to luxury brands including Cartier, Dunhill, Ferragamo, Montblanc and Versace.
20. Dixons Travel should be your only stopover if you wish to buy gadgets such as Apple products, tablets, headphones and cameras. Their prices beat the leading e-retail websites. Note: You can also reserve and collect your product by calling the store up to seven days before you travel.
21. World of Whiskies have an elaborate collection that you can pre-order (as per your convenience) and collect at the airport. Don’t be surprised if you see Abelour and even a 50-year-old Glenfiddich on sale here.
22. The T5 Gallery is a permanent commercial art gallery mostly exhibiting sculptures and paintings at the Heathrow airport. It supports both established artists and helps to develop the careers of emerging talent.
Food & Refreshments
23. Kids can eat for free at a few restaurants and pubs at Heathrow. They keep changing their offers and validities may expire. Click to know current offers.
24. Don’t forget to eat at Gordon Ramsay’s Plane Food. Kids eat for free and they also have take-away options in the form of three-course picnics in nifty Plane Food cool bags.
25. Vegan? Leon is your best bet at Heathrow airport. They serve freshly made food all day and are known for their quality of ingredients and bold flavours.
Let us know in the comments below, which other airports you would like to know about.
For personalised travel assistance download the Trip38 App